Maharashtra Institute of Labour Studies (MILS) – FAQ, Entrance exam preparation & Resources

by | Sep 5, 2017 | MILS | 31 comments

Maharashtra Institute of Labour studies is one of the most prominent institute for management courses. It is one of the oldest institute of management in India. Here are some of the FAQ’s

What are the fees for one academic year in MILS?

Approximately 15000 will be the fees for an academic year. You can expect to spend around 12-15 thousand for study tour expenses. Study tours are generally a month long.

Why is MLS preferred more than MBA(HR)?

MBA(HR) is purely a westernised educational course where more & more focus is on employee retention. But in India as getting employees is not a challenge in front of an organisation. Organisations tend to focus on giving only minimum things to employees as there is huge demand for jobs so importance of labour law to regulate the statutory requirements is the major challenge in Indian setup of HR management so in this situation MBA(HR) is though fancy but practically in Industrial setup only minimum things are offered to employees and statutory regulations are maintained where manager who is qualified is well equipped knowledge of labour laws becomes important & in MBA(HR) curriculum focus to labour laws is very low when compared to curriculum of MLS.

What is the exposure to labour law in MLS?

In MLS you get exposed to all the labour laws in 4 terms.In every term labour law is a mandatory subject so in the course of two years when students spend with all the labour laws and relevant cases and references then it is observed that MLS student becomes very efficient when it comes to statutory compliances and labour law issue.

What are the internship opportunities for management in MILS?

There are in-course mandatory placements known as concurrent placement in which for three days student works with that organisation and three days attends lecture in a week & in Part 2 block placement of three months is included in course where you undertake a management project of that company and work with management to execute that project. Companies like RCF,Reliance,Hindustan Unilever,Mahindra & Mahindra,Godrej,Tata Motors,etc.Along with opportunity to work with top companies students also get a chance to work with labour unions to understand the other side of the table.

What is the pay package for a year?

The average package for campus placements will be in the range of 5-7 lakhs depending on your skill set and caliber.Top companies pickup the best from here. Example: Axis Bank, Nestle,etc

Does MILS have campus placements? If yes in which companies?

Yes, MILS offers campus placements.All the big MNCs & Public Sector Undertakings prefer MLS in their HR department & industrial relations because it is a government institute and the course curriculum is very unique and perfectly industry oriented. The top management of many of these  companies are alumni of MILS so they prefer taking MLS as a qualification in their managerial positions.Companies such as Reliance,L&T, JSW steel, RCF, Hindustan Unilever, Mahindra & Mahindra, Tata Motors, TCS, Shapoorji & Pallonji are examples of such companies.

Who are the alumni of MILS?

Alumni of MILS have achieved top positions in their careers.you can check the image below to get the list of the alumni.

31 Comments

1. PARAG BHAGWAN KADAM

Hello, I am interested in this course. How can i get previous year question papers of MILS entrance exam ?

2. Divya Gursale

Sir we need information about Mils entrance exam syllabus and study materials.

3. Ankita

Can u plz confirm the exam date as well as the sylabus for entrance

4. Swati t

When forms will be out of MILS?

5. Kunal ghodke

When will forms r distribute??

6. Nupur Pawar

I want to know the dates for the entrance exam for lnml mils so that I can apply for mba in hr for labour studies in this college.

7. Rutuja kesarkar

Please Guide Me …What To Study For MILS Entrance Exam and which book should be prefer for study

8. Shivani

Where I can get sample paper of entrance exam ?

9. Aditi kadam

Is mils entrance exam online and what is detail procedure for admission?
    How can i get previous papers of mils entrance exam?
    What is syllabus of mils entrance exam?

• Team Sanvedan

Hello Aditi please call us on +917385807119
      Thanks

• NIKHIL

Even i have the same queries as Aditi’s. What would the best time to call ? and I’d prefer to know the name of the person i will be talking with.

10. Akash

Hi friends today will be result
    Any do u information this exam result
    M L S exam
    Confirm

11. Afsha sheikh

Hello,
    how can we enroll for the one week workshop?

12. Rohana

Very useful information of MILS. I am planning to give entrance exam for the sa.Can you please guide me for further preparations for the entrance

13. Rohana

Very useful information of MILS. I am planning to give entrance exam for the same. Can you guide me which kind of question or syllabus they put in entrance test? Which kind of study material i prefer?

14. Rohana

Very useful information of MILS. I am planning to give entrance exam for the same. Can you guide me which kind of question or syllabus they put in entrance test? Which books and other websites should I prefer for my preparation?

15. Dayanand landge

Entrance exam syllbus for mils HR…plz provide

16. Siddiqui uzma

Is mils entrance exam online and what is detail procedure for admission?
    How can i get previous papers of mils entrance exam?
    What is syllabus of mils entrance exam?

17. Sidharth Tapare

Please sir guide me.
    I have to crack the exam in any suitiations.
    So please

18. Sidharth Tapare

Sir I have to give a entrance exam of mils.
    I have completed MSC maths and I giving a lecture in degree college for maths subject so please give me a suggestion for I have to cleared the exam so what can I do for that
    Please guide me.

• Bharat Acharya

Hello Sidharth,
      In order to clear the entrance exam of MILS you need to focus on subjective analysis of general knowledge,current issues and overall aptitude. We have specifically designed a course to cater the needs of MILS aspirants call us on 7385807119 to join this course.

19. Sakshi

Hello, I am interested in this course. can you please provide the information regarding entrance exam date and admission process.

• Bharat Acharya

Entrance process starts from the first week of May and entrance exam process starts from the first week of June. For complete guidance regarding this course you can contact us at 7385807119.

• Divya Gursale

What is syllabus of mils entrance exam
        And when admission from distributed.

20. Shraddha

Very useful information..
    It’s something unique course..
    Even I am thinking of giving entrance exam for this course..
    In which month do we need to give the exam? And on which website I will come to know about the date of entrance exam?

21. Deepti Salkar

• Sanvedan

Hello Deepti,
      We are really happy that you found this blogpost informative.You can start reading Loksatta and India Today Magazine and visit the library of MILS to get past year’s papers.Also,we conduct a one week workshop in May end for MILS Entrance Exam preparation and we will be happy to have you on board!
      Cheerio 🙂

• Tanish Nair

How to enroll for workshop?

22. Vedashree

Useful Information of MILS.

23. Sanjay Tripathi

Nice information for Mils entrance exams

• Sanvedan

Thank you so much!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Sundar Sreerama Iyengar - I was suggested this website by my cousin. I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as no…

Submit a Comment